TERMS AND CONDITIONS
‘Disqualified Participants’ are:
(a) all Sofitel employees, all employees of participating sponsors or promoters and/or advertising agencies and their Immediate Families;
(b) all people under the age of 18 years where the prize incorporates air travel or any other element which would be illegal to supply to a person under the age of 18 years;
‘Immediate Families’ include spouses, Grandparents, Parents, Children, and Grandchildren whether by marriage, past marriages, remarriage, adoption, co-habitation or other family extension.
1. The raffle is open to Philippine Residents only. Disqualified Participants may not enter in the raffle.
2. Sofitel Philippine Plaza reserves the right to exclude any person from participating in the Promotion on reasonable grounds (such as fraudulent,” disqualified participants”).
3. Sofitel Philippine Plaza reserves the right to refuse to award any prize to an entrant who Sofitel decides (in its sole discretion) has violated the Rules, gained unfair advantage in participating in the Promotion or won using fraudulent means.
4. By participating, entrants grant Sofitel exclusive permission to use their names, characters, photographs, videos, voices and likeness in connection with the Promotion and for future promotion and marketing purposes and waive any claims to royalty, right or remuneration for such use.
5. All entrant personal details must be valid and up to date and will be held by Sofitel and may be used for the purpose of the Promotion and for future promotion and marketing.
6. The Winner will be determined in the manner set out in the Promo Mechanics.
7. The prize is not redeemable for cash.
8. Where the Winner is required to claim the prize in person, they must provide proper identification (eg driver’s licence, passport, birth certificate). If the Winner is under the age of 18 years their parent or legal guardian must accompany the Winner or ensure an adult will accompany to the award of the prize.
9. The Winner takes the prize entirely at his/her own risk and indemnifies Sofitel in respect of any claim for any accident, injury, property damage or loss of life that may occur in connection with the prize. The Winner is responsible for all insurance, tax or other costs that may be associated with the prize.
10. Where the prize includes air travel and/or accommodation, either international or domestic (“the Travel Prize”):
a) the Winner MUST have valid documentation, including but not limited to valid passports and Visas, which meet the requirements of immigration and other government authorities at every destination.
i. Any fines, penalties, payments or expenditures incurred as a result of such documents not meeting the requirements of those authorities (including any costs associated with delay, will be the sole responsibility of the Winner).
b) The Winner and their travelling companion (if applicable) must travel together at all times. The Winner is responsible for transport from their residence to their nearest international airport for flight departure and from their nearest international airport to their residence upon returning to Philippines
c) Flight tickets are available on the regular scheduled services of each airline and are subject to seasonal embargos. The flight itinerary may have to be adjusted depending on the airline’s departure city and their current flight schedule. Unless otherwise specified, the air travel is economy class.
d) Any changes to travel dates or additional accommodation outside the travel period specified in the Travel Prize details, made by the winner, which incur additional costs, are to be paid by the Travel Prize winner.
e) Unless explicitly stated in the Promo Mechanics, the Winner will be responsible for expenses including, but not limited to, spending money, meals, drinks, transport, laundry charges, activities, incidentals, taxes (excluding departure and any other flight associated taxes included within the Travel Prize), gratuities, services charges, passports, visas, travel insurance and all other ancillary costs associated with redeeming the Travel Prize. The Winner must obtain travel insurance to protect themselves against additional costs incurred in the event of unforeseen circumstances.
f) The Travel Prize is not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be redeemed for cash. The Travel Prize must be taken as stated in the Promo Mechanics and no compensation will be payable if the Winner is unable to use the Travel Prize as stated. For the avoidance of doubt, if the Winner is, for whatever reason, unable to travel on a nominated date during this period, whether the failure was due to reasons beyond the Winner’s control or otherwise, then the Winner will forfeit the Travel Prize.
g) Sofitel makes no representation as to safety, conditions and other issues that may exist at any destination. International travel advice can be obtained from various sources, including government, local consular offices and the web site of the Philippines Department of Foreign Affairs. The winner accepts the Travel Prize at their own risk.
h) All travel is subject to the terms, conditions and restrictions of the Travel Prize service providers. Any travelling companion included in the Travel Prize (if applicable) accepts the Travel Prize subject to these terms, conditions and restrictions as if references to the Winner in the relevant clauses were to the travelling companion. The Winner and their travelling companion must sign a legal release, in a form acceptable to the Promoter in its absolute discretion, if requested by the Promoter.
(i)The winner has to use the prize by 30th of December 2017. Block out dates may apply.
Sofitel Philippine Plaza Responsibility
11. Sofitel Philippine Plaza reserves the right to amend, vary, extend or discontinue a Promotion at any stage, for any reason such as Act of God, legal issues, man-made disasters, etc..
12. To the fullest extent permitted by law Sofitel will not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever (including but not limited to direct or consequential loss) or for personal injury as a result of Promotion entry or winning the prize.
13. Where the prize is to be supplied by an entity outside Sofitel control and that entity fails, for whatever reason, to supply the prize, Sofitel has no responsibility for the provision of the prize and is not obliged to provide an alternative prize or to take legal action to require the prize supplier to provide the prize.
14. Participation in the Promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
15. If the Winner does not accept these Terms and Conditions the prize will be forfeited